31 May 2012

Nexus 7 tablet, Features I want implemented...

I'm sure most if not all of you have heard by now that Google is teaming up with ASUS to bring a Nexus tablet to the market sometime after it's announcement at Google I/O. This tablet has been said to cost beneath the $200 mark rivalling the likes of Amazon's Kindle Fire. No specs have been confirmed except that it'll most likely be a 7-incher in terms of display size. Anyway, here's what I would like to see from the upcoming Nexus 7 tablet.

First of all is high build quality, I mean even if Samsung did apparently copy the iPad in terms of design, you could tell them apart from miles away due to the fact that the build quality of most android tablets is quite shabby compared to the iPad which is absolutely amazing. Don't think I'm saying that ASUS makes products with bad build quality, as I haven't owned or tried a ASUS product to date. However, Some people have said they are pretty good at build quality judging purely on reviews of their Transformer Prime tablet.

Second is POWER! We've recently heard that Nvidia has made a new but cheaper architecture for processors which will still deliver the Tegra 3 type performance seen on the HTC One X. If Google doesn't use this then they're crazy by my count. Anyway, I'd like to see this cheaper version of the Nvidia Tegra 3 processor chip implemented in the Nexus Tablet, I mean it'd give the iPad 3 a run for it's money or should I say value for money?

Lastly, It must have a high quality HD display. I'm talking an IPS display also known as the display which is implemented into the Transformer Prime. Either way, as long as it's 720p (1080p being a bonus) I for one will be buying the device.

So there we have it, three of my most wanted features. All we need now is Google to read this and implement everything I want, Muhahaha. Seriously though, Google is making a great move by making this Nexus tablet because well, the Nexus devices are probably the best and get upgraded to the latest Android quicker than other devices and the fact that it'll be cheaper makes buying it less of a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment